Efficient protection of patient data
Archiving of data in hospitals needs to meet special requirements
Long term archiving of patient data requires the following:
- Availability and integrity of the data are essential
- Information from different data sources need to be archived using the same process and technology
- Easy migrations when replacing storage devices or vendors
- Cutting cost where possible leads to realizing efficiencies
HPE iCAS case study - Karlsruhe City Hospital
iCAS was specifically developed to provide exactly the above. The software protects data from various business applications (PACS, SAP, DMS/ECM, e-Mail, etc.) against manipulation and accidental deletion. Additional features like data encryption, data replication, data compression, cloud connectivity provide the highest security and efficient storage usage.
"iCAS in combination with our storage system provided the ultimate price/performance ratio. An important side benefit was, that we did not need any additional know-how for long term archiving."
Hueseyin Goekceoglu, CTO, Hospital of the City of Hanau
Minimize risk and cost with iCAS and achieve compliance at the same time.
Enquire about our free-of charge downloadable demo or attend any of our frequent webinars. Contact us!
Good reasons to choose iCAS
- iCAS can be used with most storage hardware (no vendor lock in)
- It allows for incident-free migration between different technologies and enables seamless integration
- It integrates seamlessly with cold storage as part of your archiving strategy
- Data security and transparency thanks to reliable features for legal compliant and certified archiving
- iCAS meets regulatory requirements and statutory guidelines – such as SOX, HIPAA, SEC 17a4, Basel II + III etc.
- iCAS is assessed and certified by the auditing company KPMG, amongst others.
To download the KPMG software certificates please follow the link:
Your investment is protected and the TCO is lowered using iCAS through its flexibility and openness.
- Efficient usage of your storage capacity
- Leveraging existing IT-infrastructure (storage, VM hosts, Back-Up technology, etc.) is possible
- Transparent license model without hardware lock-in
- Simple migration processes allow for significant savings
- Easy implementation as virtual or physical Windows server
- iTernity works together with renowned technology partners to offer flexible, secure and economical solutions.
- For example, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and iTernity distribute HPE & iCAS together - a combination of iCAS software with storage products from HPE.
- iTernity is a VMware Enterprise Partner. Many customers use iCAS implemented as a virtual appliance on VMware. Citrix, XEN and Hyper-V are also supported virtualization platforms.
Further information about our partners can be found here